Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Premium
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Premium speech recognition software lets you get more done every day on your computer — quickly and accurately — using your voice. It’s the fun, easy way to turn your spoken words into text much faster than you can type and execute simple voice commands for big productivity gains.
The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer
- Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Talk naturally at normal speeds and your words appear on screen almost instantly, enabling you to dictate documents up to three time faster than you can type
- Eliminate spelling concerns and minimise corrections
- Enjoy superior reliability and performance with Dragon’s strong technology foundation
- Provides a personalised voice driven experience
- Delivers accurate results the more you use it
- Dragon learns words and phrases you use the most, spelling even difficult words and proper names correctly
- Optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails further enhance accuracy
- Smart Format Rules let you work your way; dictate naturally and the text appears as you intended it to
- Dragon just understands you and how you speak
- Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Easy to get started, easy to master
Dragon makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It’s also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
- Fast, easy set-up gets you using speech recognition in no time
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set so you can realise ever-increasing productivity gains
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling.
- Think out loud
- Overcome writer’s block
- Express yourself more creatively
- Avoid spelling errors
- Capture ideas up to three times faster than typing
- Multitask thanks to hands-free interaction
- Enter text quickly in forms, chats, social media, blogs and more
Edit and format documents — all by voice
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to select text, make edits and apply formatting using your voice to make easy work of document creation. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, numbers and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
- Make edits and format text quickly — much faster than using your mouse to select text and the keyboard to type in changes
- Automatically format text to appear the way you want it to — every time
- Easily switch between typing and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task
Command and control your computer all by voice
Launch applications, select menu items, execute key functions, switch windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more — all by voice. It gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your PC
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Enjoy superior voice command and control in many popular applications
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Full Text Control (full voice-driven editing and command capabilities) within many popular applications you use every day, enabling you to create documents and zip through computer tasks in record time. These capabilities are available for:
- Microsoft Word 2010 & 2013, Microsoft Outlook 2010 & 2013, WordPerfect X6 & X7, Notepad and more
- Outlook 2010 & 2013
- Gmail, Outlook.com, and Yahoo Mail, within Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
- Excel and PowerPoint 2010 & 2013
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. With Dragon you can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, meaning that you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalised preferences for accuracy and formatting. This is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at school, and your laptop’s built-in mic when you’re on the go. You have the option to use:
- The included Nuance approved microphone
- Dragon remote mic; use your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or Android smartphone device as a wireless microphone over a Wi-Fi network. To get started, simply use the camera on your device to scan the barcode that Dragon provides on screen and download the free Dragon Remote Microphone App
- Microphones built into many of the latest laptops; you’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset for optimal flexibility and convenience
- Wireless Bluetooth mic; Use a Nuance certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
- Any other Nuance approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information.
Dictate on the go, then transcribe your recordings
Record notes — anywhere, anytime — while they are still fresh in your mind to produce more detailed reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes and more. Dragon Premium edition and up support a Nuance approved digital voice recorder for advanced recording functionality or the free Dragon Recorder app on your compatible iOS device. Dragon will automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your PC.
Import/export custom word lists
Dragon Premium’s vocabulary editor makes it easy to personalise your vocabulary to include acronyms, proper names and other unique or business specific phrases that you frequently use for increased recognition accuracy and fewer corrections. In addition, the ability to import and export you custom word lists enables you to share with peers or co-workers who use the same unique terminology.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics
With Dragon Premium edition and up, it’s quick and simple to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text and graphics. This feature lets you insert email signatures, logos, graphics, boilerplate text and more just by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
Natural sounding text-to-speech or audio playback of your own dictation
Dragon’s text-to-speech capability is a natural sounding synthesised voice that reads designated text to you, thereby simplifying proofreading and supporting new levels of multi-tasking. With Dragon Premium edition and up, you can also listen to audio playback of your own dictation with the associated text highlighted on the screen.
Turns your voice into text with up to 99% accuracy
New - Up to a 15% improvement to out-of-the-box accuracy compared to Dragon version 12
Words appear on the screen three times faster than typing
Installation automatically detects available PC resources (CPU, Processor Cache, RAM) and configures system for optimal use
Enhanced - On powerful PCs with multi-core processors, Dragon 13 automatically selects its latest and greatest speech model for best performance
“Acoustic and Language Model Optimizer;” ability to analyze sent email and selected text documents; “Nothing But Speech” filter to automatically eliminate um/ah utterances
New - “Learn from Sent Email” now also works with web-based email such as Gmail® and Yahoo! Mail®, so you have more potential sources from which to let Dragon familiarize itself with the words and phrases you might write
You can launch the analysis of documents and emails at any time
Help system and tutorials
Comprehensive Help System includes searchable Help Topics, resizable Learning Center and Interactive Tutorial
New - Redesigned and augmented Interactive Tutorial has short progressive simulations that introduce the DragonBar, the Learning Center, the Vocabulary Editor, as well as basic web navigation and use of web-based email
Editing and formatting text
Format text; “Direct Editing” commands (commands to delete/ bold/underline/italicize/capitalize/copy/cut the specified words). Smart Format Rules allow Dragon to adapt upon detecting formatting changes to abbreviations, numbers and more. Enhanced - Dragon now generates more hints for alternate word written forms, to make it even quicker and easier to make a change
Ability to create, modify, and correct text within text fields where Dragon does not have Full Text Control including option to automatically open the Dictation Box where there is no Full Text Control
Command and control
Click/move/drag/position the mouse by voice; press keys or key combinations by voice
Application support - web browsers
New - The Dragon Web extension now gives Full Text Control in Chrome® and Firefox® as well as Internet Explorer, in compatible websites. In order to use Dragon in the supported browsers, you must enable this add-on.
Internet Explorer® 9 and up, Chrome and Firefox: Dictation and Full Text Control* in compatible web edit fields. Command and control for all standard web controls, links and buttons, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, iCloud and more.
For the latest on supported web browsers, please visit support.nuance.com (Note: there are differences among browsers in terms of Full Text Control and command capabilities)
Application support - web mail
New - Dragon 13 supports Full Text Control and Command and Control, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook®.com within Internet Explorer®, Firefox and Chrome. In order to use Dragon in these browsers, you must enable the add-on.
Application support - local email
Outlook 2010 and 2013 (32- and 64-bit): Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, and Natural Language Commands
Application support - word processing
– Word 2010 and 2013 (32- and 64-bit); NotePad; WordPad, Windows 7 and 8; and DragonPad (word processor included in Dragon): Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, and Natural Language Commands
– OpenOffice® Writer 4.1 (ApacheTM): Full Text Control
– WordPerfect® X6 and X7 (English and French only): Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, and English Natural Language Commands
Application support - spreadsheets
Excel® 2010 and 2013 (32-bit and 64-bit): Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, and Natural Language Commands
Application support - presentations
PowerPoint® 2010 and 2013: Menu Tracking, and English Natural Language Commands. By default, the Dictation Box opens automatically in Powerpoint because there is no Full Text Control.
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for web search, desktop search and Dragon Help search
Dragon Voice Shortcuts collapse common multi-step tasks into direct voice commands. Search the web for information, products, and more, e.g. “Search news for keywords” or “Search Google® for 57 divided by 3.” “Open top site for keywords” command directly opens the top ranked page for keywords.
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for email
Send emails, schedule appointments or create tasks, e.g. “Create an email about...”
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Facebook and Twitter
Quickly update social status with commands, e.g. “post to Facebook...” (does not open the site)
Text to Speech
A synthesized voice reads out loud editable text you designate
Ability to playback your speech in documents
Multiple sources per profile
Ability to create multiple audio sources (more than one type of audio input device) sharing a vocabulary within the same profile
Allows transcription of recordings spoken by one person
Built-in microphone support
New - Dragon 13 now supports microphones built into many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility and convenience. You’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset.
Dragon 13 also automatically detects which microphones are available to you. You simply pick the recommended device you want to use.
Wireless dictation - Bluetooth®
Work untethered from your computer using supported Bluetooth microphones
New - Accuracy in Dragon 13 is enhanced when using a Nuance certified wideband (16 kHz) Bluetooth headset
Wireless dictation - Dragon remote mic app
Dictate wirelessly with a mobile device: the free Dragon Remote Mic app works with iPhone®, iPod® touch (4th gen), iPad® or compatible Android® device
Ability to import/export custom word lists and user profiles
Text-and-Graphics custom commands
Easily create commands to insert frequently used text and/or graphics by voice
System Requirements: The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
Note: Supports Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013. Does not support dictation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Practice Edition.