Dragon for Mac Medical 5 Upgrade
- Electronic download products: Large download > 6GB
Enable greater productivity for clinicians all by voice
- Use the included digital voice recorder to record thoughts on-the-go
- Dictate 3x faster than typing with up to 99% accuracy
- Make fewer edits and get more work done
- Spend more time with patients
Accuracy for medical terminology
- Enhanced speech engine, with sophisticated acoustic and language models, ensures Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac Recorder quickly and accurately captures specific medical terminology.
- Vocabularies covering more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, to ensure proper clinical documentation.
- Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac adapts to the user's voice and words used to deliver better recognition results over time.
Medical and other documents the way you work
- With your voice, create and edit appointments and medical record notes directly into EHR and other applications, improving productivity and quality.
- Although Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac works with virtually any EHR, it fully supports MacPractice for direct text control and dictation for a complete user experience on the Mac.
- Accurately dictate and edit documents, or control your Mac all by voice within popular web, email and desktop applications such as Microsoft Office or Gmail.
- Easily create custom word lists and macros for frequently used text, giving you the flexibility to customize Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac for the way you work.
Spend more time with patients
- Clinicians can provide richer detail per patient with greater accuracy, and faster than with an EHR system alone.
- Faster, more accurate response reduces documentation time and allows clinicians to see more patients which increases practice revenue and profitability.
- Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac supports HIPPA patient confidentiality guidelines, a critical requirement for any practice concerned with patient confidentiality.
Powerful transcription of recordings into text:
- Capture thoughts from anywhere, at any time, while they are still fresh to produce detailed, high-quality medical notes. Great for busy clinicians, on-the-go.
- Easily transform your dictation into text, by using a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder or the free Dragon Recorder app to capture high-quality audio files using an Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen and up).
- Accurately transcribe a pre-recorded audio file or podcast of a single speaker's voice with the same accuracy for medical terminology as transcribing your own voice recording.
- Easily proofread medical documents with the Text-to-Speech feature which enables Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac to read back your text.
Support for OS X Yosemite (10.10)
- In addition to OS X Mavericks (10.9)
More accurate and faster
- Higher performance with drastically reduced latency and faster editing with pure 64-bit application and improved memory management capabilities
- Improved accuracy over version 3, with optimizations for latest speech recognition technology
Updated medical vocabularies
- Better performance and improved recognition and accuracy for over 90 medical specialties
- New Support for "General English" vocabulary
- "General English" profile can be created for greater accuracy when dictating outside of medical work, such as for personal use
More control within applications
- Compose and reply to emails in Gmail using full text controls, doing dictation and editing natively without having to transfer any text
- In Safari and Firefox, use voice commands to control your Gmail inbox, giving you even more voice capability within popular applications
- Use your voice to click on any visible link
- User your voice to open emails
Powerful transcription of recordings into text
- Accurately transcribe a pre-recorded audio file or podcast of a single speaker's voice with the same accuracy for medical terminology as transcribing your own voice recording
- Only a 90 second audio clip is required to create a profile for the speaker
- Support of voice files in many different formats, including .mp3 audio files
- In addition to .aif .aiff .wav .mp4 .m4a .m4v
- Great for transcribing a colleague's pre-recorded medical notes, medical podcasts from the Internet, or for medical assistants to transcribe each clinicians' recorded notes
- Multiple voice capture and dictation sources are allowed per profile so the clinician can easily manage recordings in varying environments using their profile and customizations
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or faster processor - Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended
- Free hard disk space: 8GB
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X Mavericks (10.9) or OS X Yosemite (10.10)
- RAM: 4GB, 8GB+ recommended
- USB2.0/3.0 port for product installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone for Mac (included in purchase is a 16 kHz Bluetooth headset and USB dongle)
- Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)